Monday, June 17, 2013

Buttons, Buttons and More Buttons!

Hi everyone, this is Sunehra again with another Itsy Bitsy inspiration for this month's theme here at Catchy Challenges. The guideline is to create a card using the colours of the rainbow while at the same time ensuring that there is no rainbow anywhere in the card. Now I'm not a big fan of multiple colours on a card so I really did have to rack my brains to come up with something. And then I noticed right in front of me, my button pouches from Itsy Bitsy. I have 3 of them and between them, I had all 7 colours of a rainbow so Presto! My card was ready!!


I started with a base of red card stock and then glued on some white card stock with dimensional tape. After that I used my multi coloured buttons to create the graduated design you see on the card. I finished it off with some bakers twine which is also new at Itsy Bitsy


I also made a matching envelope for my card. I took a regular envelope and cut off its flap. Then I created my own flap using some red punch paper to match the card base. At the bottom I added a border of VIBGYOR coloured buttons. Cute isn't it.

I gave this card to my father-in-law for Fathers Day and he was quite floored. It was fun to do and at the end I think this challenge is going to be a blast. All the best folks!

Supplies Used

4 comments: