Saturday, April 13, 2013

Itsy Bitsy Inspiration for Catchy Challenges

Hi everyone, Sunehra here from Itsy Bitsy and I am thrilled to present an inspiration from Itsy Bitsy for current challenge here at Catchy Challenges. As you know the theme is to ' Make a CAS card choosing any one of the keywords given below.
1. Hot
2. Hello
3. Holidays.

I don't know about you but CAS or Clean and Simple Cards don't come that easy to me so I had to work really hard on this project. A couple of cards were rejected and now finally I have 3 to present, one for each of the keywords.

Here's my Hello Card. I used some adorable Portacraft cellphone stickers from Itsy Bitsy and their signature alphabet tags to make this card which I'm hoping looks like the keypad of a cellphone. I went quite literal with the keyword. Fun isn't it!


For my 'Hot' Card I wanted it to be a bright and sunny creation because that's pretty much what the weather is like here in Bangalore. Nothing says sunny  better than sunflowers so using my Itsy Bitsy Flower punch with some yellow punch paper I created the layered sunflowers and for the center of each flower, I added a brown foam dot from Itsy Bitsy.


The base layer is a lovely deep green and on top of that I embossed some white card stock with an Itsy Bitsy floral embossing folder. I've added a closeup of the embossing below. For the sentiment I took the words from the chorus of the song "I can see clearly now" which is quite apt for this card. It reads: "It's gonna be a bright bright BRIGHT sunshiny day".


Finally for my 'Holiday' card I decided to make it all masculine. I had recently got these amazing 'World Traveller' stickers from Itsy Bitsy and they were just perfect for this card. I used some paper from the DCVW Natural Stack as an underlay for each of the sticker embellishments you see. There is a plane, a suitcase, sunglasses, passport and a tour book. It's quite fabulous actually, the suitcase actually feels like leather. 

And here's the inside of the card - a simple message for anyone going on a trip: Happy Holidays! Now I really want to go somewhere!


I gotta say this challenge really got me thinking and I hope you like what my thoughts produced and that you're inspired to create something. So far the entries are looking really good! So all the best crafters and thanks so much for dropping by!

Supplies Used:

14 comments:

  1. these are lovely!! Love the sunflower and the travel stickers.

    -Berina
    http://moxiecraftie.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Berina - ya those travel stickers are awesome!

      Delete
  2. Fabulous take on all the three cue words Sunhera and what an amazing inspiration:) ..I just love the travel card and the cellphone one so clever and totally fun !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like that cellphone card, had a doubt about it :)

      Delete
  3. Wow ! Fabulous take on the all of the tree words ! Lots of thinking and it shows too .I loved the last a little more than other two .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards Sunehra n what a inpiration for all of us !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG all are fantastic.love the way you have used the key words. the mobile one and the travel one is superb.

    ReplyDelete
  6. all the cards made by you are brilliant ,awesome an dnicely inco operated .love them all.

    ReplyDelete